Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

52 Ancestors-52 Weeks #15–Nancy Dial

 

Nancy Dial is my 2nd great grandmother. She was born in 1813 in South Carolina and died in 1910 in Richland County South Carolina. I have not found her parents at this time.

She married James Brazell, son of John Brazell and Martha Parnold. They were the parents of seven children:

- William “Willie” Brazell 1855-1905
- John Brazell 1856-1952
- George Thomas Brazell 1858-1928
- James Henry Brazell 1856-1956
- John Randolph Brazell 1863-1952
- Charlotte Brazell 1866-1944
- Daniel Brazell born 1868

1850 Federal Census, South Carolina, Richland, The District
9 September 1850 enumerated by L T Levin

image

image

James and Nancy Brazell lived next door to Joshua Hammond and his wife Elizabeth and to Sarah Dial.

1870 Federal Census, South Carolina, Richland, Third Township
15 August 1870 enumerated by Philip Epstin

image

image

Nancy lived next door to Thomas Davis and his wife Mary and to William Brazell and his wife Mary.

I don’t know the date of death for James Brazell, but it appears he died after his son Daniel was born in 1868 and before the census was taken in 1870.

1880 Federal Census, South Carolina, Richland, Columbia, Center Township
7 June 1880 enumerated by E_____ Leman

image
image

image

Nancy and her children lived next door to William Brazell and to John J Shirah and his wife Caroline.

Nancy Dial Brazell died in 1910 and is buried in Gibson Cemetery, West Columbia SC.

image
Nancy Dial Brazell was 79 years old instead of 19 years old when she died.

1 comment:

  1. I have researched the families of several of my friends and learned I am related (by marriage) to my best friend of 50 years and another good friend of 40 years.

    I discovered my stepdaughter and her husband are related by one marriage, which is truly amazing since one family is from Illinois/Missouri and the other from New York. At one time the two families crossed paths in Ohio.

    Thanks for including my best Genealogy article. It’s very much appreciated. I started new blog and first time witten articles Visit My Blog -- https://www.web3genealogy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete