Pages

Friday, December 27, 2013

Eliza Ann Hill

Eliza Ann Hill was the daughter of Julius Hill and his first wife Mary Hudson. She was born about 1827 and died 11 August 1904. Not a lot is known about Eliza. She married James M Wilkerson and had two children. The first child, James M Wilkerson, Jr., died at birth. The second child – Mary Caroline Wilkerson – was born 6 Oct 1847, married Atlas Dugin Deese, and died 6 Nov 1930 in Tyson, Stanly Co NC.

Eliza was mentioned in several deeds between James M Wilkerson and others. Besides that her slate is blank.

Here is a copy of her will:

image              

 image 

image

Transcription: Eliza A Wilkerson Last Will & Testament

North Carolina, Stanly County

I Eliza A Wilkerson of the aforesaid county and state being of sound mind, but considering the uncertainty of my earthly existence do make and declare this my last will and testament.

First. My executor hereinafter named shall give my body a decent burial and place nice marble grave stones to mark my resting place to the wishes of my friends and relatives and pay all funeral expenses together with all my just debts out of the first moneys which may come into his hands belonging to my estate.

Second. I give and devise to my beloved daughter, Mary Caroline Deese during her natural life then to her heirs all my real and personal property.

Third. I hereby constitute and appoint my trusty friend, Adolphus A. Thompson my lawful executor to all intents and purposes to execute this my last will and testament, according to the true intent and meaning of the same, and every part and clause thereof, hereby revoking and declaring utterly void all other wills and testaments by me heretofore made.

In witness whereof, I the said Eliza A Wilkerson do hereunto set my hand and seal, this 15th day July 1904 A. D.

                                                          Her

                                                 Eliza A. Wilkerson (Seal)

                                                       Mark     X

Signed, sealed, published and declared by the said Eliza A. Wilkerson to be her last will and testament in the presence of us, who at her request and in her presence do subscribe our names as witnesses thereto.

Witnesses:
    W. F. Crump
    A. A. Thompson

The State of North Carolina
Stanly County.                                       In the Superior Court

I, R. A. Crowell, Clerk of the Superior Court, in and for the aforesaid State and County, do hereby certify that the attached is a true copy of the last will and testament of Eliza A. Wilkerson as on file and recorded in this office.

In witness whereof, I have hereunto subscribed my name and affixed the seal of said Court, at office in Albemarle, this the 27th day of August A. D. 1904.
                                                  Clerk of Superior Court, Stanly County

Source:        

"North Carolina, Probate Records, 1735-1970," images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1941-20079-20197-23?cc=1867501&wc=10923415 : accessed 27 Dec 2013), Stanly > Wills, 1868-1907, Vol. 2 > image 266 of 359.

No comments:

Post a Comment